*Twenty Good Reasons for Turning 50
(There are also 35 and over classes)
1. The kids are grown and out of the house.
2. We can now focus on ourselves.
3. We don’t have to compete against the kids.
4. We can use the equity in our house to build the barn we wanted.
5. We can have a leadliner to show with, then send her home to her parents, tired and cranky.
6. The man in our life has lived through his mid-life crisis.
7. We’re wise enough to let someone else warm our horses up.
8. We can take Vioxx to ease the aches and pains.
9. We love relaxed-fit jeans.
10. We can order from the senior menu without getting carded.
11. Our hair is naturally highlighted.
12. It’s a great success if we don’t fall off, or fall on our face.
13. We have the support of our peers just for being there.
14. We can compete without pressure of success.
15. Every year more of us look forward to competing.
16. We can compete in non-pro masters western pleasure.
17. We can compete in non-pro masters English pleasure.
18. We can compete in non-pro masters English equitation.
19. We can compete in non-pro masters western equitation.
20. We can compete in non-pro masters showmanship.